Friday, November 28, 2008

First Semester...

Random Memory of the Day: August 15, 2008

Freshmen Party. Probably one of the Most Awkward times we will ever have in College. I don’t think I need to explain why it’s so awkward. Unless you already know people at Cedarville, it’s just Strange.... I had met just met my unit, my sister unit, and then I was plunged into this giant mass of nervous freshmen, loud upperclassman, and giant bouncy blowup toys. During the first few weeks of college all the freshmen are extremely outgoing… Now, not so much… What happened!?
----

I’ve had an amazing first semester here. The only thing I regret is it going by so fast. I was given a Great Small group [Group 60! Woot Woot!], An amazing sister unit, and a great Unit. I’m Very grateful that I was able to come here. God never promised that we would have a good education- or even live a good life, but he has allowed me to have both. He has provided above and beyond what anyone could demand of him. In the end, if he has planned to strip away everything- I have my Salvation. God Has certainly displayed an infinite amount of grace and mercy in my life.

I have learned more in the last 4 months [maybe even the last year] than I can ever remember. God has been faithful to teach me..

Have you ever realized that everything you’ve read- in and out of the bible, sermons you’ve heard, and conversations you’ve had all are telling you the same thing? What I mean by this is simple: Looking back upon the last year, I can see God’s Hand in it all. Back in May I wasn’t 100% sure that I wanted to come to Cedarville. I was so Stressed and nervous the first day, that I was throwing up. Today, I know this is exactly where God wants me.

I stand in Awe at how God has taught me this year. I am Thankful.

God is good.

2 comments:

Heidi Michelle Williams said...

Yay for the first semester of college, and for God stretching us more than we may want.

And, I remember those bouncy toys. Freshman party = pretty awkward. haha.

Stephanie said...

Ohhhhhhh, the awkwardness of the "Freshman Party".