Wednesday, December 23, 2009

USO

My 12th day of Christmas break is being spent in a USO lounge in Atlanta, rather than being spent at my home in Washington as was planned. [another passenger is a Marine Corps Lieutenant, so he got me into the USO] The unexpected, although typically annoying, has been oddly refreshing this time around. I'm missing my family's Christmas celebration tonight. I'm unsure why I'm not overly bothered by this extreme inconvenience, perhaps the monotony of the expected has warn ruts in my life.. However, after sitting around for 2 days I'm definitely ready to get to Seattle. I want to see mountains, rain, trees, and God forgive me: Hippies and all their pot smoking tree-hugger friends. It would make my day to get in a debate right now with a Green Peace volunteer at Pike Place Market. If I am unable to procure a victim to my politically uncorrect views on the “dwindling” polar bear populations when I get home; I will go cut a tree down and shoot guns. Ahhh, Washington. Your taxes are ridiculous, your people are cracked out on weed and caffeine, and your politician's wallets are about as loaded as a scooter ridden by Rosie O'Donnell; but regardless, I miss you.


See you soon.


No comments: