Thursday, October 9, 2008

Plans

Before you Read this and are shocked by the fact that this is such a big deal to me, note that I Love motorcycles. I plan on building my own someday. Something about just me, a bike, and a road, is incredibly appealing to me. I can’t explain it.
---

The Flight Home. The Endorsement Class. The Money. The Legalities. All the small puzzle pieces needed for me getting a motorcycle are finally falling into place.
My excitement is only dampened by the slight feeling of dread. Now that the plan is near completion do I solemnly consider the morbid facts the ownership of such a vehicle entails.

Ever since I saw the pilot for Orange County Choppers on discovery channel I’ve known I wanted to ride a motorcycle and I knew I wanted to learn how to fabricate and weld. That was six years ago. I’ve completed one of those dreams, now I’m trying to acquire the motorcycle…. For the 3rd time. Yes, I failed at getting one the last 3times.I’ve had plenty of time to think of the dangers of riding, but now that the dream is almost realized, I’ll be honest- I’m a little scared.
Although dampened, my excitement is not completely extinguished. The dangers are there, but there is an amazing satisfaction knowing that my dream may be soon realized. It is also an amazing show of how God plans things. Maybe something will get in the way of me getting a bike like my last attempts, but its undeniably an example of how well God Plans things out {As if we need an example!}.

What I keep having to realize is how much I’m not in Control. I need to trust God’s Plan.

I am infamous for looking forward to my plans I have made. I rob myself of a lot of everyday happiness- I don’t enjoy the simple process of life! I wasted several summers and school years simply looking forward to things. I enjoyed some days at work but it was usually drudgery. I was only looking forward to Paychecks, and the weekend (ETC). I want to live a life that I’ve found joy in every minute of it- not just the weekends.
This ties into my motorcycle situation merely because I’ve been combating this issue in my character recently. Sadly there is no Guarantee that I’ll get the bike. It could just be another thing God uses to teach me.{Ask me sometime about the other instances where he’s taught me in big ways.} I have to be honest with myself, if God has chosen for this to just be a teaching situation—then in my experience it will probably be a lesson more worthwhile learning than me ever getting a bike.

James 4:13-14.
“Now listen, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.’ Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.”

---
I've also Realized through All this that, even though I don't always appreciate or agree with my parents decisions (We have our fair share of disagreements), I probably have some of the best parents around. Lol. They have been ridiculously generous while ive been at College. Even bending over backwards to cancel a plane ticket and buying new ones for me to get home in time to take my Endorsement Class. Theyre also ok with me Riding my motorcyle 3000+ miles home in may on my motorcycle.
I don't Understand.

No comments: